[vlc-devel] Re: [MOD] Annodex support for Ogg demuxer

ozone at algorithm.com.au ozone at algorithm.com.au
Tue Mar 9 01:02:00 CET 2004

On 09/03/2004, at 10:04 AM, System administration wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm implementing support for Annodexed media, which is a media
> encapsulation format that is based on the Ogg file format; see
> <http://www.annodex.net> for info about Annodex, or
> <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfeiffer-annodex-01.txt>
> for the IETF internet-draft for details of the actual file format.
>
> Below is a patch for VLC for it to support the Annodex bitstream
> format.  It's a fairly straightforward modification of the current Ogg
> demuxer: the most significant changes are adding support for for the
> new "AnxData" Ogg header packet, and refactoring the code that reads
> in Vorbis and Theora headers so that they're now in a self-contained
> function rather than being embedded in the Ogg_FindLogicalStreams()
> function.  Please consider it for inclusion into the main VLC trunk;
> thanks!
>
> [[[ TEXT DELETED BY MODERATOR is available at:
>     <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20040308-videolan/annodex.patch>
> ]]]

It looks like my mailer screwed up the patch, sorry.  Patch has been
placed on my Annodex/VLC website:

<http://www.algorithm.com.au/mt/archives/hacking/
videolan_annodex_patches.html>

... and a direct link to the patch is here:

<http://www.algorithm.com.au/files/hacking/vlc/
vlc_modules_demux_ogg.c.diff>

Thanks,

--