[vlc-devel] Re: New to VLC and to the list...

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Mar 9 08:27:22 CET 2004

As far as I know there are three main issues that needs to be fixed in the
osx version right now.

1. The preferences window has large problems. TheDj started refactoring
this, but didn't get finished for the release, and the changes were reverted.

Look here for what he did:
http://developers.videolan.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/vlc/modules/gui/macosx/?cvsroot=VideoLAN
(mainly prefs and prefs_widgets .h and .m) I presume.

2. Audio output has numerous problems. Mainly related to multichannel output
and spdif.

3. There are some issues with interface/video window cooperation. This
causes the mozilla plugin not to work on osx (that may perhaps not be what
you want to work on). Also these issues make it hard to expolit vlc's great
modularity on osx. Also this report may have something to do with that:
http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/200403/msg00064.html
(that report may also be a good starting point as it contains some quite
specific suggestions.

Some resources that may come in handy:
http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/modules.html API-docs
http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/osx-compile.html osx compile howto
http://developers.videolan.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/vlc/?cvsroot=VideoLAN CVS
browser

Looking forward to see your work.

Sigmnud Augdal

Also, drop by #videolan on irc.freenode.net