[vlc-devel] Re: Build environment question..

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Mar 9 15:26:34 CET 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 08:14:47AM -0600, steve.rosenberg at alconlabs.com wrote:
> Sigmund,
>
> Thanks for replying so quickly.
>
> With regards to my original Question: If I leave the third party libraries
> in tact and just rebuild the main application how painful is it?  For
> instance I am not interested in rewriting the encoder, decoder, etc, etc.  I
> am however interested in enhancing the application as a "home theater"
> software application that accepts voice commands and a few other things.  So
> I guess my question is can I just link the third party libraries without
> rebuilding them setup as well as setup my environment without a lot of
> "gotcha" headaches.
Are you talking about Visual Studio now? Most libraries are distributed in
source form without any special package for visual studio. At least as far
as I know, but I have never used that program. If you follow the
INSTALL.win32 instructions, compiling vlc using cygwin or mingw32 should be
quite straight forward.

Also, keep the discussion on the list since I'm not the one that knows most
about this.

Sigmund