[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r7039 (rocky)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Thu Mar 11 10:42:22 CET 2004

Thanks for checking over. I appreciate it.

The short story is that with recent the CVS changes to libcdio,
vcdimager, and vlc, everything should compile -mno-cygwin enabling vcdx
and cddax.

Longer story...

I have a slow (Pentium II) PC. Building and testing on Doze is a pain
for me (and I dislike M$ anyway), It takes 20 minutes just to run
configure. Probably several hours (if not days) to build vlc - I
haven't successfully done built all of vlc yet, just the cddax and
vcdx plugins. Not to mention that I don't have svn on Doze o commt
changes back. (Does anyone?). I probably need to switch over to doing
this as a cross-compile.

Although there are small problems with libcdio and vcdimager, none of
them should affect building/running vlc:

- Getting the day of the month of a short-format ISO9660 date is broken

- Some XML processing problems in vcdimager (for vcdxbuild and
  vcdxrip) probably with miscompiled/incompatible libxml2. These are
  not used by vlc

- libcddb doesn't have a workaround yet for POSIX regexps and it needs
  those (but libcddb is optional). Disable libcddb.