[vlc-devel] Crash (related to URL parsing?)

David Brown dave at spoonguard.org
Sun Mar 14 23:13:09 CET 2004

Hi:

I've discovered a reproducible crash in VLC 0.7.1 and 0.7.1a:

  + Create a .pls file containing only the line '%201111xxx'.

  + Open it with VLC by any means (command-line, dialog, drag-and-drop).

I suspect that this is somehow related to URL parsing. I noticed it after
generating HTTP playlists for a batch of files with rather diverse names.
An HTTP URL ending in '%203000.ogm' managed to trigger it.

I don't have a debug build handy, so I don't have a backtrace. I have,
however, managed to reproduce this on both Mac OS X and Win32. If anyone
encounters any difficulty in reproducing the crash, let me know - I'll happily
build a debug version and post a backtrace.

Thanks in advance,

- Dave