[vlc-devel] Re: creating a window positioning module

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Mar 16 12:35:30 CET 2004

Vlc creates the video output window in each of the video output modules. On
windows the primary modules is the directx one, on linux it is the xvideo one.
directx is in modules/video_output/directx/*
xvideo is in modules/video_output/x11/*
other vout modules are also available in modules/video_output/*.
On macos x the vout is in modules/gui/macosx for some strange reasone.

I think the video windows in general are created in the Open() function of
the module.

Sigmund