[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] Re: Install error

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Tue Mar 23 15:18:02 CET 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 12:38, Mailing Lists wrote:

> + aclocal-1.7 -I m4
> + autoconf
> ' is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
> autoconf/status.m4:848: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
> configure.ac:3814: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

> I'm just a bit surprised that nobody else except me runs into this
problem. I have carefully followed all the instructions as to how
> to configure and install VLC.
>
> If somebody has an idea, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

I remember someone having exactly the same problem and he found out that it
was a CR/LF problem. More exactly cygwin's autoconf didn't like DOS LF in
configure.ac.

Install dos2unix (included in cygwin) and run it on configure.ac.

--
Gildas