[vlc-devel] Re: SUSE maintainer

Jason Luka jason at geshp.com
Wed Mar 24 12:41:59 CET 2004

Scott Yokim wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I checked the mailing list archives for March, and don't see that
> anyone has volunteered to maintain the SUSE package for VLC; I'm
> willing to do so, provided someone gives me some instructions.  I
> don't have much experience with VLC besides building it.  I'm running
> the latest SUSE - 9.0 with updates.
>
> Regards,
> Scott Yokim
>
> Do you Yahoo!?
> *Yahoo! Finance Tax Center* <http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html> -
> File online. File on time.

I run the packaging for the Red Hat version.  I'm probably about the
best help you'll get for Suse Maintainer.  The maintainer pretty much
just makes necessary updates to the .spec files, builds the packages
with it, and uploads the binaries when finished.  Anything you need to
know about spec files, just as.

Jason Luka
RedHat/Fedora Maintainer