[vlc-devel] Re: live.com and the RTP-header marker bit

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Mar 26 00:10:13 CET 2004

> > Because the LIVE.COM code passes complete frames to the decoder, I don't
> > think you need this information at all.  Once you've gotten data from the
> > "livedotcom" demux, it should already be a complete frame.
>Seem like you're right, but it also seems like the frame is completly messed
>up, and my decoder library doesn't like it. Is there any way to disable this
>"feature", if only just for debugging?

No, you can't 'disable' this (at least, not easily), but one thing you
could do is add debugging commands to
"H261VideoRTPSource::processSpecialHeader" (in
"liveMedia/H261VideoRTPSource.cpp").  This function is called each time a
new RTP packet is processed.

In this function, you can use
         packet->data()
to get a pointer to the actual RTP packet data (after the RTP header), and
         packet->dataSize()
to get the size of this data (in bytes).

You should be able use this to get the contents of each incoming H.261/RTP
packet, to figure out what (if anything) is wrong with it.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>