[vlc-devel] Populating the info section (was: svn commit r7188)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Mon Mar 29 17:43:55 CEST 2004

If you could do this further up, I'd greatly appreciate it if you
would make the necessary changes. I don't feel all that qualified or
comfortable working in this area.

Thanks.

I do however believe more information should be put in about stream
decoder, demuxer info.  For example the recent discussion about the
video title and what video *output* is in effect should be somewhere
in that info section. (That's what prompted and reminded me to look
into adding some of this.)

Once the info section is better populated we might want/need to
add the ability to layer it better than one level deep. For example

Tracks
  Track 1
  Track 2

Audio Streams
  Channel 1
  Channel 2

Rather than what is there now:

Track 1
Track 2
Audio Channel 1
Audio Channel 2

And once info names are decided on, one will probably want the ability
to *query* what's there. For example what type of medium (VCD, DVD,
CDDA, ...), what video codecs are used and so on.