[vlc-devel] Problems with playing aiff-files

Felix Kühne fk at aenneburghardt.de
Mon May 3 00:03:50 CEST 2004

Hello.

I've got a problem with playing AIFF-files under Mac OS X (10.3.3) with
the latest test-release. The playback starts normally, but afterwards
goes faster and faster. It sounds like playing a vinyl-album with
45-turns instead of 33. While this happens, I receive these messages:
main warning: buffer is 2195463 late, triggering upsampling
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: buffer is 3309568 late, triggering upsampling
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: buffer is 4967550 late, triggering upsampling

Normally, I get these messages, if not enough CPU-time is available.
But this is definitely not the case. (VLC takes less than 25 per cent
of the total time. The rest is free.) After some time, the playback
goes back to normal speed. At this moment, I receive something like
this:
main warning: computed PTS is out of range (7736), clearing out
main warning: timing screwed, stopping resampling
main warning: output PTS is out of range (12845), clearing out
main warning: input PTS is out of range (7911), trashing
main warning: buffer is 316773 in advance, triggering downsampling
main warning: output PTS is out of range (869), clearing out
main warning: input PTS is out of range (1022), trashing

I can upload a short sample file, if necessary.

Best regards,
Felix