[vlc-devel] Re: Commit access (for corba module)

Olivier Aubert oaubert at lisi.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu May 13 22:30:16 CEST 2004

> If by this you mean writing a PNG file, not there's something that does
> this for the special case of SVCD (Philips OGT) and CVD subtitles.
No, it is simply a dummy vout module that keeps a (configurable, by
default 50 items) cache of video frames in a given resolution
(presumably low) with a given chroma, so that an application can access
them afterwards (no too long after, just to accomodate reaction delays).
It is the reason why I proposed the clone-vout-list patch, so that I can
specify both a real vout module and the snapshot module.

I need this for my application (video annotation tool) in order to
display snapshots corresponding to annotations. The burden of converting
to another format (PNG or gtk pixbuf) is delegated to the client
application.

Olivier