[vlc-devel] Re: OSX ./configure warning

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Fri May 14 09:04:04 CEST 2004

Hello again.

Aside from having to fix a path reference for libintl.h in
vlc_common.h, the app compiles fine even given the below issue.  Is
this is a time-bomb waiting to happen, or can I safely ignore?

I would like to work on an audio decoder module, but the developer
documentation is dated 2001.  Is it still safe to consult this
resource, or should I be looking somewhere else?

thanks!
matt

On 2004/05/14, at 11:36, Matthew Romaine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile the 0.7.1 source on OSX, and received a
> configure warning:
>
> checking net/if.h usability... no
> checking net/if.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: net/if.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: net/if.h:     check for missing prerequisite
> headers?
> configure: WARNING: net/if.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: net/if.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
> Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: net/if.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> configure: WARNING: net/if.h: in the future, the compiler will take
> precedence
> configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the vlc lists.  ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------ ##
>
> I tried looking for said section in the Autoconf documentation, but to
> no avail.
> At the least, I thought I'd follow the request to report the warning.
>
> Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> --

Matthew M.I. Romaine