[vlc-devel] Re: Messages window to file

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Wed May 19 08:18:40 CEST 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004, Matthew Romaine wrote:
> Is there a way to get the messages window to spit to a file?  my
> plugin is crashing vlc and I'd like to see the message sequences to
> figure out where (yes, i'm a "printf debugger" :)

Have a look at the 'logger' module, it will generate a log file (name
and format are configurable in the preferences of this module).
To enable it, the best way is to start it as an "extra interface"
('vlc --extraintf logger', or you can enable it in the preferences too),
because it still allows you to use your favourite interface in parallel.

BTW, what is your plugin doing? Just curious...

--
Ipkiss