[vlc-devel] ./configure error

Brian St. Pierre stpierre_b at pannaway.com
Mon May 24 20:47:51 CEST 2004

I see the following when I run configure on a linux system that is (very
roughly) based on RH9. I can provide specific package versions if
anybody wants them, but I'm not much of an autoconf guru and thus
haven't done much troubleshooting.

I'm building vlc-0.7.1 from the tarball on the videolan.org webserver.

checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h usability... no
checking X11/extensions/Xinerama.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: present but cannot be
compiled
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h:     check for missing
prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: see the Autoconf
documentation
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h:     section "Present But
Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xinerama.h: in the future, the
compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the vlc lists.  ##
checking for X11/extensions/Xinerama.h... yes
checking for XineramaQueryExtension in -lXinerama... yes

--
Brian St. Pierre