[vlc-devel] Re: Synchronisation between players for network streams.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu May 27 14:53:52 CEST 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 14:46, hornsby wrote:
> hi,
>
> do you think it could be possible to synchronise 3 players together with 3
> different streams but from VLS ? what would be needed in your module for
> that ??
> regards
> adrian

Not really, it will only work properly when trying to synchronise with the
same stream (because it relies on the streams sharing the same PCR (program
clock reference)).

Anyway, as I said, netsync doesn't really make any difference for udp
streaming on a local network so your problem will likely only be to
kick-start your 3 different streams at the same time on the VLS side.

--
Gildas