[vlc-devel] File access module to split the output

Daniel M. Lambea dmlambea at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:07:23 CET 2004

  Hi,

  I've read the file.c code (vlc v0.8.0) trying to figure out how the
file access module works. I want to use it to save a stream on disk,
but a requirement is to generate a file up to xxxx Mbs in size. It
looks straightforward to add code that closes the current file and
opens a new one, but it comes to my mind the header issue. I assume I
cannot simply "continue writing" in a different file if I'm dumping an
AVI file, since AFAIK that format has a header.

  What else should I review to get the idea?

  Many thanks,
    Daniel M. Lambea