[vlc-devel] how to retrieve and store file via ftp

PyPe pype at gameflux.com
Sun Nov 14 15:18:41 CET 2004

Hello,
I'd like to implement the possibility to connect to a ftp site and retrieve
a file (currently the default.vlt file for skins2 theme upate).
I used the FTP functions to connect and send commands to the ftp server,
but it always get stuck at the
answer=150 Data connection accepted from MYIP:PORT ; transfer starting for
default.vlt (228660 bytes).

I am using the :
  if( ftp_StartStream( p_access, 0 ) < 0 )
     {
         msg_Dbg( p_access, "cannot retrieve file" );
         if( p_sys->fd_cmd > 0 )
   					  {
        				 net_Close( p_sys->fd_cmd );
    						}
    						free(p_sys);
     }

and in startstream this :
if( ftp_SendCommand( p_access, "RETR %s", p_sys->url.psz_path ) < 0 ||
         ftp_ReadCommand( p_access, &i_answer, NULL ) > 2 )
     {
         msg_Err( p_access, "cannot retreive file" );
         return VLC_EGENERIC;
     }
     return VLC_SUCCESS;

It's the same as in the ftp access module, all seems to work fine, but the
file is not transfered ..
I'm not very good at c/c++ programming, and if someone can help me to solve
this problem, i would appreciate .

I can post the entire file (500 lines long) if you want to correct me . its
purpose is to popup a message window with "update" button, and onvalid it
goes fetch the updated default.vlt on the ftp server.

thanks for your answers.