[vlc-devel] Re: Need some help writing a demux module

Olivier Aubert oaubert at lisi.univ-lyon1.fr
Sat Oct 2 16:55:49 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 16:14 -0700, Chris Douty wrote:
> p.s.  Are there any debugging functions for displaying an object graph?
>        I'd love to see the tree of objects created with thread ownership.
Well, you can do this with my python-vlc module. It implements a simple
API to control the player, and also offers a low-level access to the vlc
objects structure (display the object tree, access the variables, etc)
from an interactive python shell.

You can find an example session as well as the source code at
http://liris.cnrs.fr/advene/download/index_en.html

I would be very interested if someone had the possibility and time to
test it under Windows...

Olivier