[vlc-devel] cannot run after compiling from source

tfisher at eidogen.com tfisher at eidogen.com
Mon Oct 4 09:04:27 CEST 2004

Hi, I have successfully configured and compiled VLC (0.7.2) on
windows Xp using cygwin - all according to INSTALL.win32.

However, when trying to run vlc.exe (either by double-clicking
on it or running it from the dos command prompt or cygwin command
prompt) a problem comes up.  A window pops up which says:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.  You may not
have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Anybody know what's going on?  Incidentally, I have installed and
run the binary distribution (0.7.2) without this problem.
Thanks.
-Tom Fisher