[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r8930 (hartman)

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Wed Oct 6 16:39:14 CEST 2004

All

I use the following registry keys to tell Windows that VLC can play some
file extensions such as a DVD disc, a .avi, etc...

if you are interested in using them, then save the following text (I
recommend using notepad) as vlc.reg, and load it up with REGEDIT, but
first make sure you fix the path to the application and modify the
appropriate user friendly text to your preferred locale.

Obviously, one can add any exension he/she wishes, such as the
aformentioned '.vlc'

I suppose the installer could load up this file if it is able to edit it
first with the right path and locale.

Enjoy,

Damien

----------------------------------------- snip
--------------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.m3u]
"PerceivedType"="audio"
"Content Type"="audio/x-mpegurl"
@="m3ufile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pls]
"PerceivedType"="audio"
"Content Type"="audio/x-shoutcast-playlist"
@="plsfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DVD\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC]
@="Play with VideoLAN VLC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DVD\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\vlc-0.8.0-test1\\vlc.exe\" dvd://%D"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AVIFile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC]
@="Play with VideoLAN VLC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AVIFile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\vlc-0.8.0-test1\\vlc.exe\" "%L"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\m3ufile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC]
@="Play with VideoLAN VLC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\m3ufile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\vlc-0.8.0-test1\\vlc.exe\" \"%L\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mp3file\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC]
@="Play with VideoLAN VLC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mp3file\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\vlc-0.8.0-test1\\vlc.exe\" \"%L\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mpegfile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC]
@="Play with VideoLAN VLC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mpegfile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\vlc-0.8.0-test1\\vlc.exe\" \"%L\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\plsfile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC]
@="Play with VideoLAN VLC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\plsfile\shell\Play_with_VideoLAN_VLC\command]