[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r8914 (gbazin)

Frédéric RUGET frederic.ruget at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 01:33:11 CEST 2004

Hi Gildas,

With your commit, the portaudio plugin does not
compile any more for me.
I believe you really need to keep the C++ linkage
directive in configure.ac because (although portaudio.c
is plain C), libportaudio.a might be C++.

In my case, it actually does (be C++) because it includes
C++ code from Steinberg's (for the ASIO support).
I believe yours does not, thus you could not see the issue.

I have attached a patch proposal.

Also I have prepared a source and a binary distribution
of libportaudio/ASIO for cygwin.  I guess it would not
be a good idea to attach those to this email.
Are you interested in retrieving those ?  How should
I send them to you ?

Regards,

Frédéric