[vlc-devel] How to know which movie is playing in playlist???

Mirko Bald mb at skyco.de
Thu Oct 14 11:08:17 CEST 2004

Hej,

I have a question to <embed> and JavaScript control of playlist in VLC
Mozilla Plugin Version 0.8.0-test1 janus.

I am very happy with the VLC Mozilla plug-in and succeded in adding files to
playlist, playing / pausing / them, switching to next and previous. However,
I have not succeded in finding out via javascript which movie is currently
playing.

document.video1.get_position() always returns 0.
I need either the position in playlist or the name of the movie or an event
that is fired when playlist switches to next movie.
It would work, too, if I could fire "play and stop after playing" of an
entry in playlist or "play and repeat playing" of one entry in playlist.

We are using <embed> and playing movies via playlist with VLC Mozilla
plug-in 8.0 on Mozilla and Firefox in Debian environment. After having spend
countless hours of trying I am really looking forward to any suggestions.

Thanx a lot in advance,

Mirko

Mirko Bald

SKYCO GmbH
Schliemannstraße 5  |  10437 Berlin
Telefon 030-55009711 | Telefax 030-48494771
eMail  mb at skyco.de  |  www.skyco.de