[vlc-devel] Re: Compile Error

Jason Luka jason at geshp.com
Thu Oct 14 15:18:55 CEST 2004

Torsten Spindler wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 00:40, Jason Luka wrote:
>

>>Making all in mozilla
>>make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/vlc-0.8.0/mozilla'
>>/usr/lib/mozilla/xpidl  -I/usr/share/idl/mozilla \
>>

>This line seems to make it break.
>

>>  -I/usr/lib/mozilla/include/idl \
>>  -m header -o vlcintf ./vlcintf.idl
>>./vlcintf.idl:3: can't open included file nsISupports.idl for reading
>>

>On my FC2 it is at the following directory:
>[spindler at gasluft Work]$ locate nsISupports.idl
>/usr/share/idl/mozilla-1.7.3/nsISupports.idl
>
>To have the Makefile in mozilla use the right directory the following
>variables can be set before calling bootstrap:
>
>export XPIDL=%{_libdir}/mozilla-%mozver/xpidl
>export XPIDL_INCL=-I/usr/share/idl/mozilla-%mozver/
>
>Bye,
>Torsten

Yeah, that did the job.  Okay, I'm continuing on.  Hopefully I'll have
RPM's this weekend if I don't hit any other snags.  It's becoming a
major ordeal to compile this program now, so I'm running the compiler
overnight.  It took 30 minutes to get to this error last time.

Jason Luka
Fedora Maintainer