[vlc-devel] svn access

Hussain conundrums at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 13:37:28 CEST 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:45:57 +0200, Benjamin PRACHT

> svn is currently the only way to get access to x264 indeed. svnserve is
> using the 3690 tcp port.
> --
> BigBen

Just one more quick question. It seems that to be able to access the
svn repository from behind a proxy server, you need to access the svn
repository server over an http. i.e where you get the codes using
svn co http://svn.videolan.org/x264/trunk x264
instead off an svn server, i.e where you get the codes using.
svn co svn://svn.videolan.org/x264/trunk x264

I am afraid I don't know much about SVN or CVS, but was just wondering
if it was possible to support for accessing the svns for those behind
proxy servers. I could be wrong, but from what I gathered the http
method was also one way to obtain codes through svn, as opposed to
direct downloads.  In my dorms I'm behind a proxy, and svn isn't
installed in my lab where proxy isn't a problem :((.

Thanks for the help and your patience. As I know this really isn't
100% VLC related.

Hussain