[vlc-devel] Screen:// Problem -- throws video out

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 24 13:23:47 CEST 2004

WinXP Home Edition, 2.4GHz P4, Intel 82845G graphics adapter (6.14.10.3762),
fully patched.

Screen:// with fps=2.0, size = 16 chunks, throws an error.  The EventLog
reads:
"The driver ialmrnt5 for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an
infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or
with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly."
(Source ialm, EventID 108)

The screen goes crazy, starts displaying multiple small images, flickering,
then Windows throws an error, and it ccomes back at 640x480 resolution, 16
color mode.  It takes a reboot to restore the screen.  (actually, it still
comes back at 640x480, this time 256 color -- you then have to reset the
resolution and bits-per-pixel manually)

I did test Screen when it first came out, worked fine.  This has only
appeared recently.

The only system change has been an upgrade to WinXP SP2 -- I do not recall
if I ran Screen:// successfully since then.