[vlc-devel] Re: Multicast udp streaming from playlist - problems

ZERBIT ZERBIT at terra.es
Wed Sep 1 18:40:55 CEST 2004

Hello all,

> >> (1)  Crashes after a period of time. This can vary from between
> >>      forty minutes to four or five hours. The logs files with
> >>      "crash" in the filename should hopefully shed some light on
> >>      what happens just before the crash.

  First of all i would try get the data from a live app (openRTSP).
Here you could save the file and test that live libraries works OK.
Perhaps Ross Finlanson could help you.

  We haven´t any problems using live and vlc in windows.

> >> (2)  Using any method to change stream (n & p from the keyboard;
> >>      console interface next and previous; web interface next and
> >>      previous): there are *some* channels which cause jumpiness
> >>      on channel change. Changing either to or away from these
> >>      channels will cause a three or four second settling period.
> >>      I will dump some of this content to disk and try and see what
> >>      is unusual about it, but I am hoping that the log files
> >>      might show up what is unusual.

  Please give me more info about how to test console interface next and
previous and web interface next and previous in windows platform.

  Regards.

    Juan Carlos Montes