[vlc-devel] Re: Multicast udp streaming from playlist - problems

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Wed Sep 1 21:42:49 CEST 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:18:11 +0200, Gildas Bazin <gbazin at altern.org> wrote:

>> > Could you try with a svn version ? (I'm afraid you'll be compeled to
>> > compile it yourself, no linux nightely builds).
>>
>> I will try with svn.
>>

> The MPEG TS/PS demuxers have been entirely re-written so you really
> should.

The crashes seem to be gone but not enough time has passed to be
fully sure. I will test overnight.

However I am using svn now, and unfortunately it is worse for
multicast udp :(

vlc 0.7.2 plays the same content fairly well.

A log is at: http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/live_vlc/vlc_svn_multicast.txt

Dermot.