[vlc-devel] Re: Multicast udp streaming from playlist - problems

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Thu Sep 2 15:52:25 CEST 2004

On 02 sep 2004, at 13:57, Dermot McGahon wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 13:07:26 +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman
> <hartman at videolan.org> wrote:
>
>> TaskInterrupt usually means that live isn't receiving Data yet.
>> However I have a feeling something else is going on here..
>> The TaskInterrupt is done when a 'receive' call from vlc to liveMedia
>> takes more than 300ms.
>> Perhaps fen or Ross know what is going on?
>
> Something else was going on. The rtsp port is 554, which being
> below 1024, is a privileged port. Re-running as root allowed the
> stream to be viewed.

Ah duh... it's not the rtsp port though. This port is standard. It's
the video being sent to 554 as well. Change the SDP generator to use a
port above 1024.

> There are still bugs though.
>
> Logs at:
> http://www.bqbsoftware.ie/vlc_rtsp_bug/

first is because of an unimplemented StreamControl, not sure which one
though..
second one i don't really understand.. It seems almost like the buffer
is never emptied??

DJ

---
Universiteit Twente