[vlc-devel] [vlc] [ANN] VLC 0.8.0-test1
gbazin at altern.org
Thu Sep 2 23:20:49 CEST 2004
Here is the first test release in preparation for 0.8.0 (aka Janus).
You will find the tarball here:
Binaries for Win32, MacOSX and BeOS have also already been uploaded.
As usual, this release contains an amazing amount of new features as well as
To name just a few:
* Re-write of the input layer.
(better, faster, more extensible - eg. allows multi-input support).
* Re-write of the transcoding layer.
(everything VLC plays can now be transcoded).
* New plugins cache system to speed up launch time.
* Improvements to the subtitles/OSD subsystem.
* Vastly improved DVD support.
* DirectX Media Object decoder/encoder (Win32 only - supports WMV3).
* Cross-platform OpenGL video output.
* New screen capture input plugin (to stream your desktop).
* Windows Media Server RTSP support.
* Multipart JPEG demuxing/muxing.
(for video streaming to a Mozilla Web Browser)
* DVB subtitles decoding/encoding.
* Audio equalizer.
See http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/NEWS for the extensive list.
Please, test heavily and report any problems you might have.
For the VideoLAN team,
This is the vlc mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://www.videolan.org/support/lists.html
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html
More information about the vlc-devel