[vlc-devel] VIA CLE266 MPEG2 h/w decoder support

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Tue Sep 14 12:47:52 CEST 2004

Hi,

I don't know if you have seen the VIA mini-itx boards, but they
are nice!

I would like to get some player support for the onboard MPEG2 h/w
decoder. MPEG2 s/w decode using vlc is working, but it seems a pity
not to use the available h/w. It would allow those freed-up cycles
to be used for more aggressive video filtering.

There is open source code available for all the different parts, X
driver, kernel driver and library (libddmpeg).

What is missing at the moment is media player support.

 From this email exchange on the ffmpeg list, it seems that some GPL
MythTV code might help. I will have a look at this when time permits
but won't complain if somebody else beats me to it.

Dermot.
--