[vlc-devel] Skipped/Drop Frames

Hussain conundrums at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:22:53 CEST 2004

Hello.

I have noticed that, if I pause an rtsp stream VLC starts skipping or
dropping packets when play back is resumed.  However it plays fine if
you just play the stream back.

Would any of you have an idea what needs to be fixed to correct this.
At the moment I am at a complete loss.

Usually after I unpause a stream, or move the time slider I end up
with the following warnings,
[00000249] main video output warning: vout warning: early picture
skipped (1051019)
[00000249] main video output warning: vout warning: early picture
skipped (1027096)
or
[00000249] main video output warning: late picture skipped (163966)
[00000249] main video output warning: late picture skipped (124083)

At the moment I have the latest VLC snapshot, i.e. the 20th September one.

Also what is the best way to submit a patch. Should one just email it
on the list-serv?

Thanks

Hussain