[vlc-devel] Re: rtp time

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sat Sep 25 23:05:59 CEST 2004

While answering your other post, i stumbled upon this and had to think
about something i saw lately.

http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/wwdc2004/wwdc_300_100_56_ref.mov

If I try to view that, the video is presented way too fast. like at 2x
or something. This depends on the quality of the connection actually.
It's like VLC is using the time incorrect time information or something
the likes. Something is very wrong with the a/v/timesyncing here at
least, and it's not the first time i have seen this.

This might be VLC specific, because VLC actually USES the timestamps,
instead of relying on the decoded audio for syncing. Do you have any
idea what might be the cause of this?

DJ

On 24 sep 2004, at 22:06, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> At 06:00 AM 9/23/04, you wrote:
>> Hello. Is it possible to be able to countiuously access the rtp time
>> stamp from stream during playback?
>
> Yes, there is support in the LIVE.COM libraries for this.  See
> "RTPSource::curPacketRTPTimestamp()".
>
> However, there's usually no need for a client to access the RTP
> timestamp, because the LIVE.COM code automatically uses the
> information in RTCP reports to convert these to accurate presentation
> times.
>

> 	Ross Finlayson
> 	LIVE.COM
> 	<http://www.live.com/>