[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r8768 (gbazin)

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Sun Sep 26 00:58:16 CEST 2004

Hello Gildas Bazin,

Subversion daemon wrote:

>r8768 | gbazin | 2004-09-22 15:43:03 +0200 (Wed, 22 Sep 2004) | 1 line
>Changed paths:
>   M /trunk/modules/access/dvdnav.c
>   M /trunk/modules/access/dvdread.c
>   M /trunk/modules/demux/ps.c
>   M /trunk/modules/demux/ps.h
>
>* modules/demux/ps.c,ps.h: PSM parsing remotely based on a patch by Pascal Claes.

Your patch does not seem to work with our MPEG-2 PS with MPEG-4 VES and
MP3 AES;
VLC still starts the libmpeg2 decoder for the video stream.

Your code looks excellent though, but I think there is a minor
(harmless) bug in demux/mpeg/ps.h:

"p->next"in "struct p_es_t" is never used as you seem to use arrays
throughout the code. I think
this field should therefore be removed.

We will debug the code with one of our test streams. Still, if you want,
I can upload an example
stream so that you can test VLC against.

We will report back this week.

Thanks for the excellent work!

Regards,

Leon.