[vlc-devel] Re: How to submit patches to VLC?

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Sun Sep 26 01:45:54 CEST 2004

Hello Gildas,

Gildas Bazin wrote:

>On Friday 17 September 2004 22:40, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>what is the preferred way of submitting patches to VLC?
>>
>>Our MPEG-2 PS PSM support for MPEG-2 VES and MPEG-4 VES goes unnoticed.
>>(It would close a TODO item in VLC).
>>

>I just committed a re-written version of the patch which doesn't use global
>variables, doesn't parse/store stuff we don't need and respects the coding
>style a bit better.

OK, your stuff looks much better. Our patch was just advanced research
(ehh, a hack).

The bad news is the 20040923 snapshot for Windows did not work on our
test stream;
I think this snapshot should have your patch in place right? It still
tried libmpeg2 for the
MPEG-4 (V)ES.

>Thanks for the patch, but next time try to submit something which is a bit
>cleaner ;)

Will do. Thanks for at least reading the patch anyway! :-)

>Ah and if you have sample streams with a PSM, I'm a taker.

I have uploaded 8.5 Megs of material here:
http://www.esrac.ele.tue.nl/~leon/vlc/

The file is called vos.mp2ps_mp4ves_mp3aes

We will commence debugging the latest VLC sources against streams to see
if/why it
fails, and let you guys and gals know this week.

BTW, the "p_next" field in the demux/mpeg/ps.h file seems unused (as you
went to
use arrays).

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.