[vlc-devel] Re: Problems with library ffmpeg

Jason Luka jason at geshp.com
Mon Sep 27 13:07:41 CEST 2004

Matthew Fullerton wrote:

> oscar perez wrote:
>
>> Hi all! I m trying to compile VLC but I got some errors from ffmpeg
>> library.
>> I mean, I compiled before ffmpeg and when I use this on VLC, then I
>> got the errors.
>> I guess that is because I dont know the proper way to compile ffmpeg.
>> Can anybody copy me here the line that you use for compiling ffmeg?
>> Thank you in advance!
>> Oscar
>>

> I couldn't persuade ffmpeg to install anywhere sensible, so you may
> need an option in./configure similar to
> --with-ffmpeg-tree=/home/oscar/src/ffmpeg, or whetever. Eventually I
> just disabled ffmpeg as I'm not using it for what I'm doing, but prior
> to that the above worked.
>
> matt

Matthias tried the strangest thing to make ffmpeg work with vlc.  He
added the ffmpeg source code, compiled it with --disable-shared than
built ffmpeg into vlc statically.  I'll try the static lib with the
test1 version, but I'm not packaging it in the same src rpm with vlc.

Jason Luka
Fedora Core Maintainer