[vlc-devel] I get an useless binary of VLC..

oscar perez oscarfernando.perez at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:20:31 CEST 2004

Hei all! After too many attempts finally I got to compile VLC but the
result is that I cant do anything with the binary that I get.
After I started the program with ./vlc, appears a nice GUI but once
that I try to use any command, my console shows this..:

[00000375] main dialogs provider error: no dialogs provider module matched "any"
[00000371] skins2 interface error: No suitable dialogs provider found

I have already tried to compile with and without support of skins 2
and I dont know if it is a problem of choosing a wrong GUI..
Here are my options for compiling the program..:

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gnome --disable-skins2
--enable-debug --disable-ffmpeg

Does anyone know what is going on?
Thanks!
Oscar