[vlc-devel] Re: [RFC] Preferences system

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Sep 27 19:51:38 CEST 2004

> We also must have new preference widgets "module-list-with-separator",
> mainly intended for filters, and "module-list", for extra interfaces.

> |	                                       |
> |				               |
> |        [X]  Filter 1		       |
> |        [ ]  Filter 2		       |
> |        [X]  Filter 3		       |
> |					       |
> |					       |
> |   Filter string: [ filter1,filter3      ]  |
> |                                            |

> The filter string must update when user checks filters, so he can tweak
> the order of the filters.
>
> And of course, it must remain generic :)

I think for filters the ideal solution would be to use a sout style config
line. you could think of situations where one whould want to first run the
wall filter and then flip the topmost vouts with the transform filter
(because topmost monitors in the array are placed upside down to reduce
space beween monitors or some stupid reason like that). Then you may also
want to select vout modules for these filters outputs, or pass some
parameters to them (like which monitor to fullscreen each resulting vout on).

Of course, building a gui for something like that will be too far fetched,
but it is worth considering for internal use and/or commandline.

Sigmund