[vlc-devel] Problems with streaming

oscar perez oscarfernando.perez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 11:32:38 CEST 2004

Hi!
I have compiled VLC but I can't use streaming. For my thesis I need to
open streams from the network and display it on VLC. I don't need
transcoding that's why I didn' include ffmpeg. when I try to open an
stream (UDP/RTP Multicast) appears this message..:

[00000384] vobsub demuxer error: this doesn't seem to be a vobsub file, bailing
[00000380] main input error: no suitable demux module for
`udp/://@239.252.12.1:5555'

Here is my configure line..:
./configure --prefix=/usr  --disable-ffmpeg --enable-debug --enable-alsa

I thought that the library ffmpeg is just for transcoding but maybe I'm wrong.
Can anybody tell me where is the error? Which is the proper library to
demux mpeg2??
Thanks!
Oscar