[vlc-devel] Re: vlc on Zaurus 5600 - report

Paul Cosway pcosway at ressen.net
Tue Sep 28 18:26:39 CEST 2004

librt install problems

1. After download, "ipkg install librt_2.1.3_arm.ipk" gives:
zcat: librt_2.1.3_arm.ipk: not in gzip format
zcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
ipkg_install_file: ERROR unpacking control.tar.gz from librt_2.1.3_arm.ipk

So I took apart the ipk file and rebuilt it

2. After rebuilding, "ipkg install librt_2.1.3_arm.ipk" gives:
Unpacking librt...Done.
Configuring librt...tar: Cannot create directory `./DATA/': Read-only
file system
tar: Cannot create directory `./DATA': Read-only file system
tar: Cannot create directory `./DATA': Read-only file system
tar: Cannot create directory `./DATA': Read-only file system
tar: ./DATA/usr/lib/librt-2.1.3.so: input/output error -- No such file
or directory
tar: Bad tar header, skipping
//usr/lib/ipkg/info/librt.postinst: /bin/ldconfig: not found

--> I just copied the librt files into /usr/lib

As mentioned, it does work with the mp3 streams I've tested, but not
WMA.  Should it work with WMA?  See below (early post) for the WMA error
messages.

Paul