[vlc-devel] Re: Error - How to get development version?

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Tue Sep 28 19:03:35 CEST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:45:44 +0200, Sigmund Augdal <sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no>
wrote:

> If you read the error message carefully it ask you to bug redhat, not us.

I read it. Felt, when dealing with the head of a development branch (which
we're strongly urged to use) that it makes sense to check with the authors
of the software for known problems, before writing bug reports against gcc.

If that is the wrong approach I can only apologise. You were being spammed
left, right and centre yesterday.

> Usualy I manage to get past compiler crashes by disabling optimizations
> (or reducing optimization levels). I've had myself and heard others have
> problems with gcc crashing in some of vlc's cpp files with previous
> debian gccs (current is 3.3.4 and seems to work).

The problem turned out to be "out of memory".

Dermot.