[vlc-devel] How can I set the window size and position?

oscar perez oscarfernando.perez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:33:37 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,
I am creating a GUI from scratch to manage several streams. My idea is
to create something like a TV interface displaying several
channels/files at the same time. I am using VLM for this purpose. So
far, I have managed to display several streams within a basic GUI but
I was wondering if is possible via API to control the window
size.
I would like to read a plain text, for instance, with several IPs and
window positions and sizes and allocate those on the screen. I have
been looking in the source code and API and it seems to be dependent of the
window manager (DirectX,X11,..). Is there any way to get that in a
general way? What is
the function? many thanks!
Óscar