[vlc-devel] VLC on Tiger

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Apr 10 01:52:56 CEST 2005

OK, i have it compiling on tiger with gcc 4.0 now.

remaining issues:
-  BSD_SOCKLEN_T define issues. socklen_t is now defined in socket.h,
but on 10.2 we still need the BSD_SOCKLEN_T define. also some
packages have this defined hardcodec for __APPLE__ the affected
packages are (live, ffmpeg, libgcrypt and libcddb)
- inline issue with setjmp instruction of mpeg2dec in altivec
detection routine. removing inline keyword solves this.
- tiger includes wxPython and wxPerl 2.5 so you need to add --disable-
wxwindows to the vlc configure line
- glx linking seems broken atm, so either compile with --disable-x11
or disable the glx plugin
- ffmpeg still has an issue:

cc -O3 -g -Wall -Wno-switch -I/Users/pjotr/Development/vlc/extras/
contrib/include -no-cpp-precomp -I/Users/pjotr/Development/vlc/extras/
contrib/include -no-cpp-precomp -DRUNTIME_CPUDETECT -no-cpp-precomp -
pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -faltivec -mdynamic-no-pic -
DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -I.. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -
D_GNU_SOURCE  -c -o ppc/dsputil_ppc.o ppc/dsputil_ppc.c
{standard input}:124:dcbzl instruction is only for 64-bit
implementations (not allowed without -force_cpusubtype_ALL option)
{standard input}:168:dcbzl instruction is only for 64-bit
implementations (not allowed without -force_cpusubtype_ALL option)
{standard input}:237:dcbzl instruction is only for 64-bit
implementations (not allowed without -force_cpusubtype_ALL option)
make[3]: *** [ppc/dsputil_ppc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [lib] Error 2
make[1]: *** [.ffmpeg] Error 2
make: *** [src] Error 2

That is all.