[vlc-devel] VLC feature freeze - going toward 0.8.2

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Mon Apr 11 21:47:59 CEST 2005

	Hello,

It's been discussed a lot on IRC, but no one ever dared to make it
official. I guess many of you have interesting unpolished stuff left in
your own development trees (I too), but we really ought to focus on
stabilizing now if we ever want to hit 0.8.2-test1. So please refrain
from commiting new features. We have enough bugs already and
bleeding-edge will always be bleeding.

Maybe I'm not in the most credible position (= not one of the main
developpers) to declare feature freeze, but unless someone has strong
objections against it, let's consider we're not freezing.