[vlc-devel] [isteinmann at bluewin.ch] VLC IP_MULTICAST_IF support

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Thu Apr 21 09:37:08 CEST 2005

 The deleted attachment is at:
    <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20050420-videolan/vlc-miface.patch>

----- Forwarded message from isteinmann at bluewin.ch -----

From: isteinmann at bluewin.ch
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:31:10 +0200
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
Subject: VLC IP_MULTICAST_IF support
	autolearn=no version=3.0.2

Hello

I wrote this small patch. This patch add support for the IP_MULTICAST_IF
flag. It's important if you want to override the default multicast output
device (eg. defined by routing table). Sometimes there are special cases
to do that!

--miface-addr is the longkey for that. Maybe it's bad, then change it :P
--iface-addr allready exists to manipulate the IGMP packets.

Later I will add the  IP_MULTICAST_LOOP flag too, sometimes it's used because
of security reasons etc...  By default, this flag is allways enabled. If
the flag is disabled, you can't receive the multicast stream on the same
machine that provides the stream.

I hope the code is not that wrong :)  Because it's the first time I worked
with vlc source code :)

Ivo Steinmann

(In #videolan irc channel im called Aison)

----- End forwarded message -----

--
System administration <admin at via.ecp.fr>
VIA, Ecole Centrale Paris, France