[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r10707 (jpsaman)

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Thu Apr 21 22:53:04 CEST 2005

Christophe Mutricy wrote:

>>Make compilation of mozilla  plugin easier on different distributions.
>>Removed fixed  include paths  from mozilla/Makefile.am.  XPIDL_INCL is
>>automatically determined from ${MOZILLA_CONFIG}.
>>Configure   and   compile   with   XPIDL=<path_to_xpidl>   application
>>of    your    mozilla    version,   eg    for    mozilla-1.7.6    use:
>>XPIDL=/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.6/xpidl ./configure <rest of line> && make
>>

>I believe this commit break the nightly builds.
>It fails to find nsISupports.idl to be included in vlcintf.idl.
>
>Here some output from vthr:
>

>${MOZILLA_CONFIG} --cflags pluginxpcom java
> -I/usr/include/mozilla/plugin
>-I/usr/include/mozilla/xpcom -I/usr/include/mozilla/java
>                -I/usr/include/mozilla -I/usr/include/mozilla/nspr
>

>${MOZILLA_CONFIG} --idlflags plugin xpcom java`
>  -I/usr/share/idl/mozilla
>
>locate nsISupports.idl
> /usr/share/idl/mozilla/nsISupports.idl
> /usr/win32/gecko-sdk/xpcom/idl/nsISupports.idl
>
>Is the mozilla installation of vthr messed or sth wrong in the patch ?

Did you use --with-mozilla-sdk-path?

I think we have a problem here that two distros is putting these files
in seperate directories and it doesn't mix well with one approach. FC
and RH distro store the devel stuf in a mozilla-devel package which
doesn't seem to use the gecko-sdk yet. Hence our problem.

The change I made was to make sure the mozilla plugin would built on RH
and FC systems.

How can we solve this for both type of distros?
Ideas?

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman