[vlc-devel] Re: X window title

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Sat Apr 23 09:34:10 CEST 2005

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 08:54:18AM +0200, Stefan Baltus wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I would like to add a command-line option to set the XWindow title of
> the VLC player. Currently, the default title is 'VLC (X11 output)'. What
> would be the best way to go about this?
The simples way (all though arguably not the best way) would be to find the
right place in the code(somewhere in modules/video_output/x11/xcommon.c I'd
guess). At that place, insert a call to config_GetPsz( p_vout, "video-title"
);
If the return value is not NULL or empty replace the default string with
this functions return value.

Then after this change the --video-title command line option, and the
corresponding preferences entry should be working on linux as well.

Sigmund

--
Sigmund Augdal
Edgar B. Schieldropsv 29-14