[vlc-devel] Re: Adding support for playing H.264 streams

Jonas A. Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Mon Apr 25 21:30:49 CEST 2005

> VLC that will play H.264 RTSP/RTP streams.  (This uses the recent version
> of the LIVE.COM library, which adds RTSP/RTP support for such streams.)
>
> Could a VLC expert please get together with Erik to integrate his
> modifications into the official VLC source code tree?
>
> It would be great if we could get a new VLC out with H.264 support before
> Apple releases its new QuickTime Player!
>
> 	Ross.

Hear hear although we are supposedly in a feature freeze until 0.8.2 final I
would very much like to see rtsp h.264 support too.

Ross do the live.com code supports streaming out h.264 also? Since vlc cant
do that yet at anything else than very minimal resolutions it would be
interesting to see if live.com could (and one more argument on ur side to
get vlc to use live.com as rtsp server :) )

Best regards
Jonas Larsen