[vlc-devel] Re: Issue developping a simpler wxWindows interface module

Steve MOREAU moreau at essi.fr
Thu Apr 28 14:05:27 CEST 2005

Thanks a lot for your quick anwers :-)

I try to change /etc/ld.so.conf and ldconfig and it changed something.
Now, I have a yellow highlighted text in the vlc trace (corresponding to
the case 2. in the previous mail), whereas it wasn't before :

[root at localhost elsewhere]# vlc -I mymodule -vvv
[00000001] main vlc debug: recursively browsing `modules'
[00000001] main vlc debug: recursively browsing `/usr/local/lib/vlc'
[00000001] main vlc warning: cannot load module
`/usr/local/lib/vlc/gui/libmymodule_plugin.so' (libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.5.so.5:
Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de
ce type)
[00000001] main vlc warning: cannot load module
`/usr/local/lib/vlc/gui/libwxwindows_plugin.so' (libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.5.so.5:
Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de
ce type)
[00000001] main vlc debug: recursively browsing `plugins'

The error has moved to the beginning plugin detection... As Gildas said, I
feel it's a linked file whicg is not find, but I don't understand you said
me your libwxwindows_plugin.so don't use xrc file so why it is highlighted
too...

I try to find what happens, see you later :-)

Steve

PS: I take advantage of the situation to ask another question please : I
copy my libmymodule_plugin.so into /usr/lib/vlc/gui directory on another
computer with videolan install. But when I run vlc -I mymodule -vvv, the
module isn't loaded in spite of probing detection (3 modules detected) in
-vvv trace. There is no error (apparently) and I look at documentation but
I don't find a similar problem... Must I modify something (a config file
etc.) or the module should be automatically detected and loaded ?
Thanks again