[vlc-devel] Re: Issue developping a simpler wxWindows interface module

Steve MOREAU moreau at essi.fr
Fri Apr 29 13:37:09 CEST 2005

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your answer :-)

As for my wx interface module, it's a simple wxFrame to play the video
only. I did it to understand wxwindows and vlc modules.

I ran ldconfig and I try to write some tests files in my /home/steve
directory, that are using a "home" makefile. I didn't meet this problem
before.

I still didn't understand why libwxwindows doesn't want to load from
elsewhere than vlc-sources dir. Maybe, I have a clue because I encountered
some difficulties to install vlc. I did (I don't remember exactly...) :
- I got vlc-sources for fedora core 3 (0.8.1-1.1)
- I compiled them with --disable-wxwindows (because ./configure threw
wx-gtk  was installed)
- Then I installed wx-gtk and re-compiled
- I remembered having done 'yum install videolan-client' and 'yum
uninstall' (I know it's a doom but sorry I'm French :-)) for
dependencies...

As a result, I have vlc libs in /usr/lib/vlc and /usr/local/lib/vlc with 2
vlc binaries. I decided to reinstall my Linux in order to have my ideas
cleaner... But maybe I did never know why I had these errors.

I will tell you later

Bye, and thanks

Steve

PS : Greg, can I ask you a question ? Would you know if to copy a module
into a remote /usr/lib/vlc/gui directory (I mean not the one of the
computer where the library has been compiled) is enough to run 'vlc -I
mymodule' or you must do something else ? Because I tried on another
computer with just videolan-client installed and it doesn't want to load
it (there is no error however : it seems to probe it but it's all). Thanks
again